AEIDL is the European Association for Information on Local Development (Association Européenne pour l'Information sur le Développement Local).
- the promotion of social Europe in a spirit of integration;
- the facilitation of transnational co-operation by means of exchanges, contacts and partnerships among persons and organisations;
- the creation, management and broadening of transnational networks of physical and legal persons, especially those having the object of economic, social and cultural development;
- activities of information, study and research, technical assistance, publishing and communication ancillary to the objects mentioned above.
For nearly 10 years (1992-2001) AEIDL animated the EU's main rural development programme, LEADER. It strongly supports the principles of community-led local development (CLLD) developed during LEADER.
Its current workload includes:
- communication for the LIFE programme
- helpdesk of the European Evaluation Network for Rural Development, as part of the RurEval consortium
- the support unit for the European Fisheries Areas Network (FARNET), as part of the Devnet consortium
- technical assistance for transnationality and innovation in the European Social Fund (until 2013)
It is a founder member of ECOLISE, the European Network for Community-led Initiatives on Climate Change and Sustainability.
- Official website: http://www.aeidl.eu
- Article in Le Monde on AEIDL's 25th anniversary: http://www.aeidl.eu/images/stories/pdf/lemonde.pdf
- Reinventing Europe through Local Initiative by Marjorie Jouen of Notre Europe - Jacques Delors Institute: http://www.aeidl.eu/images/stories/pdf/jouen-en.pdf