Declaration of Commitment to future cooperation by the Managing Authorities
European Network on Inclusive Entrepreneurship
LETTER OF COMMITMENT
The undersigning Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies of the European Social Fund
- recognising the importance of active labour market policies to create more economic activity and jobs for vulnerable groups and areas, and committed to implement the renewed Lisbon strategy and the social policy agenda through ther promotion of inclusive entrepreneurship, and
- recognising the importance of strategies and actions to promote entrepreneurship within their ESF Operational Programmes and self-employment, which meet the needs of, and offer a career option for, the socially disadvantaged, unemployed, or inactive people, and those working (partially) in the informal economy
agree to mutually support and assist each other in the design and delivery of relevant ESF actions with the aims of maximising synergies and complementarities in our promotional activities, and of maximising benefits through exchange, validation mainstreaming of good practice.
We recognise that European networking and cooperation plays an important role in improving the quality of national and regional programmes. We, therefore agree to participate, as a partner, in the European Thematic Network on Inclusive Entrepreneurship.
The over-arching objective of this European Thematic Network is to promote the use of Structural Funds to enhance the effectiveness of policies focusing on entrepreneurship and social inclusion by developing a common work approach and creating a forum for debate. The sharing of strategies, initiatives and approaches, learning based on experience and best practices, the promotion of transnational cooperation and the dissemination and standardisation of that knowledge are its major aims.
The European Thematic Network, made up of Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies will promote a broader “Community of Practice” on Inclusive Entrepreneurship (CoPIE) made up of people and organisations directly involved in some aspect of the design and delivery of inclusive entrepreneurship strategies under the Structural Funds. CoPIE will be the main vehicle for carrying out the aims of the Thematic Network.
The role of our Managing Authority or Intermediate Body will be the following:
- To explore ways of promoting more effective strategies for inclusive entrepreneurship in our own programmes.
- To promote trans-national cooperation in specific areas related to inclusive entrepreneurship.
- To share information on good practice in both policy and implementation.
- To improve coordination with other managing authorities and intermediate bodies on issues such as the themes for cooperation, the time scale and methods of selecting projects and the types of activity undertaken.
- To explore ways of monitoring the progress achieved in inclusive entrepreneurship within our structural funds and specifically the progress made in relation to key groups (women, migrants, ethnic minorities, young and old people, disabled people. This could take the form of developing common indicators for the monitoring of Inclusive Entrepreneurship.
Our Managing Authority or Intermediate body understands that a European Network of Managing Authorities and a broader Community of Practice on Inclusive Entrepreneurship will be very useful instruments for achieving the aims above. We will, therefore, take part in future joint discussions to decide on the structure and content of these instruments. Subject to these discussions, we are prepared
- To actively take part in the European Thematic Network and Management Committee of CoPIE.
- To participate in CoPIE Working Groups and to appoint appropriate representatives and experts. These working groups will promote cooperation and the transfer of good practice in specific fields such as entrepreneurship education, quality standards for business support, developing action plans and so on.
- To provide regular information to the CoPIE Secretariat concerning the issues raised within CoPIE
- To finance the participation of our representatives at the CoPIE activities and the expenses corresponding to shared actions in which we decide to take part.