Mentors for women
European Network of Mentors for Women Entrepreneurs
The European Commission's Enterprise & Industry DG invites applications for a project to set up the European Network of Mentors for Women Entrepreneurs with EU co-funding. This initiative will offer expert mentoring to women entrepreneurs, to help them keep new businesses going during their first, very challenging years.
The plan is to set up national networks of mentors for women entrepreneurs in at least 15 countries. Together, these will form the European Network of Mentors for Women Entrepreneurs.
The national networks will:
- identify, select and tran mentors for women entrepreneurs
- identify and select women entrepreneurs to be mentored
- form optimal ‘mentor/mentoree’ relationships based on the experience and expectations of those taking part
- monitor and facilitate these relationships throughout the project
- evaluate and report on these relationships in a comprehensive, consistent manner
- ensure the national networks of mentors are promoted appropriately as part of an initiative with EU backing
Organisations active in business support and/or in promoting women entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply.
The budget is €1 million, which is to cover a national consortium in each of 15 countries. Co-financing is at up to 60%. Projects may last up to two years.