OSES 2013 - Ogólnopolskich Spotkań Ekonomii Społecznej 2013
New ideas and practice - are the two central points of this year's National Social Economy Meeting (OSES). The main topic of the OSES will be “socially responsible territories” - says Jacek Ostrowski, a board member of the Cooperation Fund.
National Social Economy Meeting - OSES 2013 will be held on 19 and 20 September 2013 in Szczecin and Nowe Warpno. The main theme of 2013’s meeting will be the role of socially responsible territories in the development and operation of social economy entities and social enterprises. The main organizer of the 2013's OSES is the Cooperation Fund. The Meeting is co-organized by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, Human Resources Development Centre, West Pomeranian Marshall's Office, Voivodship Labour Office in Szczecin, Association “Space Time Identity” from Szczecin and Nowe Warpno Municipality. National Social Economy Meeting is organized within the project "Integrated system of support for social economy."
PROGRAMME - 19-20 September 2013
The first day (19 September 2013) – New Ideas/Szczecin Teatr Współczesny (Contemporary Theatre)
9:00 – 10:00 Registration of participants
10:00 – 13:30 Introductory session includes:
- Synthetic chronological summary of current activities and effects of the implementation of social entrepreneurship in Poland.
- The introductory paper - Wladyslaw Kosiniak-Kamysz, Minister of Labour and Social Policy and Andrzej Dycha, Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Economy. Social entrepreneurship, labor market and economy
13:30 – 14:30 Lunch
14:30 – 16:30 Parallel Panel Sessions (Teatr Współczesny (Contemporary Theatre), Muzeum Narodowe (National Museum), Urząd Wojewódzki (Voivodship Office), Regionalny Ośrodek Polityki Społecznej (Regional Centre for Social Policy), Trafostacja Sztuki, Centre for Contemporary Art):
1. Repayable and non-repayable financing instruments for social enterprises
Session on the future of repayable and non-repayable financial instruments supporting the establishment and development of social entrepreneurship.
Session host: Towarzystwo Inwestycji Społeczno-Ekonomicznych S.A. (Association of Socio-Economic Investments) and Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (National Economy Bank).
2. New opportunities of supporting the development of social enterprises.
The session is devoted to the innovative instruments for development of social enterprise such as social franchise, venture capital funds, crowdfunding, social bonds, the stock market for social enterprises.
Session host: Stała Konferencja Ekonomii Społecznej (Standing Conference of Social Economy)
3. Socio-economic cooperation for development of the local community.
The session is devoted to cooperation of traditional business with social business in order to solve social problems, develop local communities, and strengthen the region's economic potential within the concept of inclusive business.
Session host: Związek Pracodawców Przedsiębiorstw Społecznych (Association of Social Entrepreneurs)
4. Selected instruments of supporting social enterprises by the state and local government in the context of the implementation of the Act on Public Benefit and Volunteer Work and Public Procurement Law.
Session on opportunities of supporting the development of social enterprises arising from the provisions of the Act on Public Benefit and Volunteer Work and the Public Procurement Act, in particular in the context of cooperation with non-governmental organizations, the future of the EU and national public procurement rules and regulations on the granting of public aid.
Session Host: Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, Department of Public Benefit.
5. A new role of the Local Action Groups - Socially responsible territory – management of the economic and social change in the context of the development of social economy.
Session showing the chances of social entrepreneurship in the context of the development of new instruments of local communities (Community Led Local Development (CLLD).
Session hosts: Centre for Socio- Economic Development Ltd., West Pomeranian Marshall's Office, Department of Management of Regional Operational Programme in cooperation with the Ministry of Regional Development.
6. Monitoring the development of social entrepreneurship in the country, region and county.
The session is devoted to the monitoring of the development of social entrepreneurship and the social economy.Session hosts: Regional Centre for Social Policy in Szczecin, in cooperation with the Statistical Office in Szczecin, Regional Centres for Social Policy in Poznan and Krakow.
7. Culture counts ... in social entrepreneurship.
The session aims at showing the opportunities of using the social entrepreneurship as a tool for implementation of the cultural policy of local governments. Session organized jointly with Trafostacja Sztuki, Centre for Contemporary Art.
Session host: Trafostacja Sztuki, Centre for Contemporary Art
8. Social economy in tourism
The objective of the session is to present the opportunities of developing the local communities through tourism based on endogenous resources as well as opportunities for development of tourism for the socially excluded. During the session, the opportunities of local governments’ resources management related to tourism will also be presented.
Session host: Association Time Space Identity
16:30 – 17:30 Summary
17:30 – 19:00 Dinner
19:00 Social Economy Gala in Teatr Współczesny (Contemporary Theatre) organized by West Pomeranian Marshall’s Office – Regional Centre for Social Policy
During the gala, results of the regional competition will be announced for the following categories:
- social-economy-friendly local government
- social enterprise
- social economy animator (person)
21:00 Refreshment in the foyer of the National Museum: OSES After Party
Place: Elefunk The Club, Szczecin, Plac Żołnierza Polskiego 2 (building of 13 Muz Club).
Featuring: Ściana Wschodnia, Percival.
Social slam: moderator: Krzysztof Cibor
The second day – 20 September 2013 – Experience Exchange/Nowe Warpno
The second day will be organized as a trade fair combined with discussions, presentations, meetings, social enterprises networking and presentation of the Centre for Support of Social Economy (OWES).
During the second day, the following events will take place:
- Social Economy Fair - a presentation of the Polish and European social enterprises as well as supporting institutions (OWES, National Service System for Small and Medium Enterprises, Loan System, Regional Loan and Guarantee Funds), etc. Presentations during the Fair will provide the possibility of active participation, engagement and inclusion of participants in the discussions, field games, services etc. Panel discussions with policymakers and practitioners (two groups of four panels, time of duration of each panel - 2 hours):
1 Social entrepreneurship and the environment, ecology and waste management.
A session dedicated to the potential development of social entrepreneurship in the field of activities related to environmental protection, ecology, waste management and prosumer energy.
2 Social entrepreneurship and education.
The school as a center for local development, the provision of childcare on the basis of social enterprises.
3 Social entrepreneurship and health and social care.
Session organized jointly with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy – Bartosz Arłukowicz, Minister of Health.
4 Social clauses in practice - myths and realities.
The session, organized by the Public Procurement Office with the participation of the Regional Accounting Chamber in Szczecin - Jacek Sadowy, President of the Public Procurement Office, Romasz Schimanek, expert, Institute of Public Affairs.
5 Social entrepreneurship as a development opportunity for rural areas.
The session is organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
6 Religious communities as animators of social entrepreneurship.
Session organized by Caritas Szczecin.
7 Presentation of the next EU funds programming period 2014-2020.
Session organized by the Ministry of Regional Development – Paweł Orłowski, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Regional Development.
8 Presentation of the Regional Operational Programme.
Session organized by the West Pomeranian Marshall’s Office - Martin Szmyt, Director of Strategic Management in the West Pomeranian Marshall's Office West
Workshops are delivered by “traditional” and social entrepreneurs.
1 How to effectively take over the tasks of municipalities, social welfare center, labour office - workshop for PS and representatives of local government.
2 How to cooperate with traditional businesses?
3 How to promote social business? - Workshops with an advertising agency.
4 How to manage human resources in a social enterprise.
5 Presentation of financial instruments for social entrepreneurship.
6 How to lead and develop a social restaurant?
7 Local partnership as the basis of social entrepreneurship.
8 From the old to the new social economy, or how to transform the old social economy sector in social enterprise.
9 Social media and social entrepreneurship - how to effectively use social media in social economy.
10 How to protect our products and services from copying? Workshop on patent law and intellectual property protection.
11 How to work with the media? – “Journalists are not as bad as they look”.
12 Social entrepreneurship as an opportunity for university graduates and scientists.
13 Producer groups as social enterprises.
14 How to make thematic games interesting.
15 How to start a social business?
16 How to manage your money?
17 How the social economy sector is seen by social and economic partners?
1 Grants for social cooperatives - Myths and Facts - session organized jointly with the Ministry of Labour for the Employment Office employees.
2 Presentations of products developed under the innovative projects - sessions prepared by the leaders of innovative projects.
3 A comprehensive system of economic and social mobilization at the county and municipal level with the use of social enterprises and social economy.
4 Consultations of the Social Entrepreneurship Act.
5 How to outsource and delegate public tasks for social enterprises and social economy entities.
6 How to create lasting social cooperative - workshop for animators, social service and labour market institutions’ employees.
7 Building regional loan, guarantee and venture capital systems.
8 How should we talk about social entrepreneurship - workshops for teachers and faculty entrepreneurship.
9 How to build an attractive program of CSR? Workshops for traditional social entrepreneurs.
10 How can I support the social entrepreneurship with my funds - a workshop for persons responsible for planning local development strategies in the Local Action Groups and Local Fishermen Groups.
On the second day OSES will run the following consultation points carried out by:
- Public Procurement Office
- County Sanitary and Epidemiological Station
- National Labour Inspectorate
- Social Insurance Office
- Tax Office
- representative of the Loan System for Social Economy
- National Service System for SMEs
- Jessica and Jeremie initiatives etc.
In addition, we plan to organize:
- Culinary Workshops - Foundation Kuroniówka
- Pecha Kucha Night, Agata Jagiello
- Allegro - effective sales, Marcin Cisek
- Facebook - a marketing tool, Łukasz Kłaczyński, SO FINE
- corporate exchange (social business to social business, traditional business to traditional business)
- Workshops for students in the field of social entrepreneurship.
- Hyde Park, an open space, where OSES participants can to invite other people to the workshops, including ad hoc workshops.
- Presentations of POKL innovative projects.