Procurement conference 110630
Conference on the Modernisation of EU Public Procurement Policy - 30 June 2011
see also: Intergroup 110412
Towards a more efficient European Procurement Market
Commissioner Michel Barnier invites all stakeholders interested in public procurement to discuss the future orientations for the modernisation of the EU legislative framework for public procurement. At this Conference, the Commission will present the results of the ex-post evaluation of the existing legislation and the public consultation via the Green Paper launched in January this year.
The various players of the European procurement market will discuss these findings and exchange views on the possible ways forward to a modernised EU public procurement policy. These discussions will provide a significant contribution to the preparation of the legislative proposal.
Help us shape the future European framework for public purchasing by participating in this conference.
Full programme will be available shortly
- Simplification of procurement procedures and better access to markets – squaring the circle? (Panel I)
- Strategic use of public procurement in support of other policies (Panel II)
- Integrity of procurement procedures – non-European experience
- The Reform: a view from the European Parliament
- The Member States Perspective
- The future of public procurement - New challenges, new tools, key priorities for the legislative proposal (Panel III)
Date: Brussels, 30 June 2011 (9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
Venue: Charlemagne Building – Alcide de Gasperi Auditorium, rue de la Loi 170, 1000 Brussels